Custom car modifications help to improve the performance of cars. They help cars to last long and function better. Such modifications can be quite technical; only a person who knows the technicalities can understand the modifications properly. Let us take a look at the probable modifications that can change your car performance drastically.
* Engine Tuning – This is the process of adjusting and modifying the design of the internal combustion engines, which help to produce the best possible performance level. Engine tuning also helps to increase the power output and the durability of an engine. ‘Tuning’ covers a wide range of activities like the routine adjustment of the carburetor and overhauling of engines. It also involves decisions regarding engine re-designing.
* Ignition System – The ignition system is the most neglected area when it comes to customization. Many people limit their ignition system modification to fixing the time. But it needs more detailed attention. You need to make sure that the spark is strong enough to ignite the fuel. The next thing that you need to take care of is the rate at which the flame travels. This depends on three factors – the turbulence of the fuel inside the combustion chamber, the quality of the fuel and the design of the combustion chamber. The other parameters that might need a thorough checking are the ignition coils, the ignition leads, etc.
* Cylinder Head Porting – This is the process of modifying the exhaust and intake ports of the internal combustion engine. This improves the quantity and quality of the gas flow. Cylinder heads that are supplied with the car are usually mediocre. Porting the cylinder heads helps to scrutinize them and modify them accordingly, assuring the highest efficiency level.
* Turbochargers – They usually serve the large diesel engines and high performance sports cars. Turbochargers are the types of forced induction systems. They compress the air that enters the engine. This facilitates the system to use more fuel. A turbocharged engine can produce more power than an uncharged engine.
* Suspension Tuning – The suspension system is responsible for comfortable driving. It assures safety by carrying the vehicle body and transmitting all the forces to the road. The modifications that take place due to the suspension tuning can change the car’s performance considerably. Many think that switching over to tougher spring systems can help, but in reality, the entire process can be rather intricate. One has to make sure of maintaining a proper balance between performance and drivability.
Are you facing issues with your car? Carz.com gives you an overview of their available servicing garages. Be it BMW, Honda or Ford – Carz.com can perform custom car modifications on all!